(News.Az)—Russia's plenipotentiary presidential representative on the Middle East and African countries, Deputy Foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov discussed in Addis Ababa development of cooperation between Russia and the African Union, the Russian Foreign Ministry said on Sunday.
The high-ranking Russian diplomat participated in the 24th Ordinary Session of the Assembly of Heads of States and Governments of the African Union and presented an address from Russia's President Vladimir Putin to leaders of states and governments of the African Union, participating in the summit....
"The parties discussed current bilateral and regional agendas, further improvement of diverse cooperation between Russia and Africa, including cooperation with sub-regional organisations of that continent," the foreign ministry said....
"They paid special attention to the problems of settling the domestic conflict in the Republic of South Sudan," the Russian ministry said. "In that context, the Russian official had discussions with leaders of South Sudan's opposing sides—President Salva Kiir and former Vice President Riek Machar, as well as participated in a multilateral meeting featuring special representatives of the U.S., EU, the UK and Norway on South Sudan. The Russian side stressed there is no alternative to a negotiation solution, which would guarantee establishment of peace in the country and stabilizing situation in the sub-region."
"Mikhail Bogdanov discussed with chair of the African Union's Commission Nkosazana Clarice Dlamini-Zuma and head of the African Union's Peace and Security Council Smail Chergui details of further improvement of cooperation between Russia and the African Union, including coordination of efforts for settlement of crisis situations in Africa," the Russian foreign ministry said.
- Russian FM says Moscow plans to boost military ties with Sudan • Sudan Tribune
- S. Sudan Says Unity Government could Be Formed by April • Sudan Vision
- Murderous Marxist Tyrant Mugabe to Lead African Union • The New American
- Sudan: Journalist Sued for Handshake with Israeli's Ambassador • Sudan Tribune
- Putin Spending Big On Military Modernization Despite Russia's Economic Woes • Huffington Post
- The Battle of Gog and Magog • Pre-Trib Research Center (Mark Hitchcock)
- Iran Offers to Help African Union Against Boko Haram • Breitbart
- Ethiopia, Russia to Strengthen Cooperation in Trade and Business • AllAfrica.com
- Putin Announces Plans to Sell More Guns to Africa, Asia and Latin America • Newsweek
- Putin to pay a two-day visit to Egypt • DEBKAfile