(The Daily Star)—Israel intends to invite oil companies to bid for 10 oil blocks in the Golan Heights that are 60 kilometers away from the Lebanese border, an informed source said Wednesday.
Speaking to the Central News Agency, the source said there are indications that these reserves may have large quantities of gas and oil.
"Surprisingly, the Lebanese government is not even making any initiatives to pass a proposal for onshore oil drilling. The international oil companies have apparently given up hope on Lebanon," the source said....
He added that the Israelis have even invited some European companies which pre-qualified in the off shore gas tender in Lebanon to participate in the new licensing oil round in the Golan Heights.
- Exploratory US-Israeli oil drilling begun in Golan Heights • i24 News
- Is Israel Next in Line for an Energy Revolution? • Real Clear World
- Lebanon Is Clearly Missing Out: Israel to Invite Firms to Bid for 10 Golan Oil Blocks • Al-Bawaba
- Zion teams-up with Viking for exploration drilling onshore Israel • Oil & Gas Technology
- Genie Energy subsidiary starts drilling first exploratory well in the Golan Heights region of Israel...'If our thesis is correct, our license area may hold billions of barrels of oil.'... • Hydrocarbons Technology