(Xinhua) Iraqi Minister of Tourism and Antiquities on Monday said that his country is seeking to restore the ancient ruin city of Babylon onto the UNESCO world heritage list.
"We have finished our part and prepared a dossier to be sent to the UNESCO tomorrow, and so we met our obligation to prepare this dossier on February 1," Adel Shirshab told a press conference in Baghdad.
Earlier, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) signed a memorandum of understanding with the Iraqi government and the government of Babil province, in which the Iraqi side has to prepare a dossier by some Iraqi archeologists and tourism experts to assess the damages and situation of the site....
- Iraq tries to get Babylon on world heritage list • Global Post
- Despite World Glut, Iraq Pumps Crude at Record Level • Malaysian Digest
- Rebuilding Iraq's Army Has Only Just Begun • Business Insider
- The Rise of Babylon (Rev. 17:1-6) • Faith Bible Church (Mark Hitchcock)
- Iraqi Ambassador to the US: We Must Cleanse Iraq of ISIS • Town Hall
- Hundreds of U.S. Military Trainers Headed for Iraq • NPR
- The Role of Babylon in Bible Prophecy • SpiritAndTruth.org (Andy Woods)
- Iraq to revive mega refinery project in Babylon • Zawya