(REUTERS)—The Vatican and the United Nations teamed up to warn the world of the effects of climate change on Tuesday, coming down firmly against skeptics who deny human activities help change global weather patterns.
U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon discussed climate change with the pope before opening a one-day conference of scientists and religious leaders called "The Moral Dimensions of Climate Change and Sustainable Development".
The pope, who is due to make a major address on sustainable development at the United Nations in September, has said he believes man is primarily responsible for climate change and is writing an encyclical on the environment....
The Heartland Institute, a Chicago think tank that says climate change is not human-induced, sent a delegation to Rome to contest the premise of the conference.
Heartland member Christopher Monckton of Britain, told reporters that the pope "should listen to both sides of the scientific argument ... not only people of one, narrow, poisonous political and scientific viewpoint".
- The Climate Change Industry and the Hoax of Global Warming • Canada Free Press
- Climate Skeptics in Rome Warn Pope Francis of 'Unholy Alliance' with UN Climate Agenda • Climate Depot
- Pope is the Most Influential World Leader on Twitter • Newsweek
- Vatican, U.N. join forces against climate change • USA Today
- Why Did the Vatican Host Two Abortion Advocates at an Environmental Conference? • LifeNews.com
- Vatican Heavies Silence Climate Heretics at UN Papal Summit • Breitbart
- UN chief praises pope for framing climate change as moral imperative... • FOX News
- Tell Pope Francis: Global Warming Is Not a Crisis! • The Heartland Institute