(CNS News)—..."Our country has changed.," said Franklin Graham. "We've got to take a stand. We cannot back up, we cannot retreat."
The reverend, who oversees the organization his father founded, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA) and the international relief group Samaritan's Purse, went on to say that Christian men and women must enter the political arena to turn America in the right direction.
"Let me tell you something, the church needs to get involved in politics," he said. "Now I'm not talking about Baptist or Republicans and Tea Party—I don't even know who they are—but I have no confidence that any of these politicians or any party is going to turn this country around. The only hope for this country is for men and women of God to stand up and take a stand."
"We need men and women of God who take these local elections serious, so we can take back these various offices and have men and women of God who believe in the Bible, who stand on the word of God," said Rev. Graham. "And let's send to Washington men and women who believe in God and stand on the word of God and His Son the Lord Jesus Christ, who are not afraid."...
- Evangelical Political Operative Reveals Plan to Fundamentally Transform America—and It Involves 1,000 Pastors • The Blaze
- Can A Conservative Presidential Candidate Really Win in 2016? • The Word on Politics (Andy Woods)
- Why Should Christians Be Involved In Politics? • oneminuteapologist
- Evangelist Franklin Graham talks about challenges facing churches • NewsOK.com
- Watch The 7 Faith-Filled Words Rev. Franklin Graham Said During Scary Plunging-Elevator Mishap • Western Journalism
- Rev. Franklin Graham's Non-PC Move on Live TV: 'I Want to Say Something to All the Muslims That May Be Watching This...' • The Blaze
- FBI Probes Powdery Substance Mailed to Franklin Graham Charity • Newsmax.com
- Franklin Graham Says Communism, Secularism Are the Same; 'Secularists Have Taken Control of Our Country' • Christian Daily