Israeli lawmakers passed a contentious law on Wednesday meant to draft ultra-Orthodox Jews into the military, the culmination of a drive for reforms that has seen mass protests by the religious community in Israel and beyond.
- Controversy over new Israeli law highlights growing ultra-Orthodox population • Pew Research Center
- Ultra-Orthodox Jews no longer exempt from military service in Israel • euronews
- Israel passes law to draft ultra-Orthodox Jews into the army • Telegraph
- Israel ends ultra-Orthodox military service exemptions • BBC
- Knesset passes draft law requiring haredi Orthodox men to serve • JTA