Crimea's new parliament has voted to join Russia, a decision to be put to a local referendum in ten days. VOA's Elizabeth Arrott is in the regional capital Simferopol and has this report.
- The Ukraine: Between Two Empires • BPB (Robert Congdon)
- Epicenter, Chapter 7 (2006): "Future Headline: A Czar Rises in Russia, Raising Fears of a New Cold War" • Joel Rosenberg's Blog
- US moves on several fronts to counter Russia, Obama decries proposed Crimea split • FOX News
- Obama: The referendum in Crimea on Russian annexation violates international law • Hot Air
- Crimean Jews surprised by new referendum to join Russia • Times of Israel
- Krauthammer: Obama's policies offer Putin room for growth • Houston Chronicle