(TECH RADAR)—A development firm in Austin, TX is putting a new spin on the concept of wearable tech. Combining sensors with conductive paint, Chaotic Moon Studios has begun work on "tech tattoos" that turn body art into fully-functional health monitors.
The biometric tattoos, unlike their Fitbit and implant kin, are applied like a temporary tattoo. They are removable and capable of monitoring a range of factors, from heart rate to body temperature to location.
"This is going beyond what the fitness tracker is," says Eric Schneider, creative technologist for Chaotic Moon. "This is something you can put on your body once a year that monitors everything a clinic would do in a physical, and sends that to your doctor. If there's an issue, they could just call you."
Schneider also mentions use for the tech tattoos in banking, saying that keeping financial information attached to your skin would be less vulnerable than inside a loose wallet. Ben Lamm, CEO of Chaotic Moon, agrees on the biowearables' wide array of uses....
- Temporary tech tattoos could monitor your health, pay for your coffee • Geek.com
- Chaotic Moon Explores Biometric Tattoos for Medicine and the Military • TechCrunch
- Biometric Military Tattoos Explore 'Human Circuit Board' • Breitbart
- PayPal Demos RFID Payment Bracelets • Mobile ID World
- Mark On or In the Hand? • SpiritAndTruth.org (Tony Garland)
- Chaotic Moon tattoos worn on the skin monitor heart rate, stress levels and more • Daily Mail