(REUTERS)—Iranian President Hassan Rouhani will visit Italy next month, his first trip to a European Union capital, and also meet Pope Francis, a diplomatic source said on Wednesday.
The source said the visit would take place Nov. 14-15 and that Rouhani would meet the pope, Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi and President Sergio Mattarella. The Iranian leader is expected in Paris on Nov. 16-18.
Italian Foreign Minister Paolo Gentiloni invited Rouhani to Rome last August during a trip to Tehran....
- Iran ready to participate in joint military drills with Russia if offer made • TASS
- World churches, Pope and Ban Ki-moon all deeply concerned about Jerusalem violence • Ecumenical News
- Pope calls for peace in the Holy Land • Rome Reports
- President Rouhani: Iran Supports All Anti-Zionist Countries • Algemeiner
- Pope Francis to meet Iran's Rouhani next month, reports say • Washington Post
- UN's Ban: Palestinian Terrorism Stems from 'Inability to End' Israeli 'Occupation' • Breitbart
- Iran's top leader endorses nuke deal, but warns US can't be trusted • New York Post