(SPUTNIK)—Russia is prepared to renew military technical cooperation with Libya if the UN Security Council allows it, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov said Thursday.
Earlier, Libyan authorities expressed hope to continue cooperation with Russia in military training and the purchase of modern weaponry, a 40-year history of collaboration.
"We are of course ready for cooperation, but know that there must be an overall understanding in the [UN] Security Council for this," Bogdanov told journalists.
Libya is currently subject to a UN arms supply embargo, imposed in 2011 over violence against civilians by the country's former leadership....
- Russia to Supply Libya with Weapons If UN Embargo Is Lifted • International Business Times
- Russian-Libyan Rail Project to Be Resumed – Libyan Prime Minister • Spuntik
- Russia will be able to supply weapons to Libya after UN lifts arms embargo — diplomat • TASS
- Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine • Jerusalem Post
- Moscow visit a success: Thinni • Libya Herald
- Libya appeals for Russia support over arms embargo • Middle East Online
- The Battle of Gog and Magog • Pre-Trib Research Center (Mark Hitchcock)
- Middle East Meltdown • SpiritAndTruth.org (Andy Woods)