(ARUTZ SHEVA)—A new research study released its findings on Wednesday, exposing how acts of violent anti-Semitism in Europe positively skyrocketed in 2014.
The report, conducted by the Kantor Center for the Study of Contemporary European Jewry at Tel Aviv University, was prepared together with the European Jewish Congress (EJC).
It found a full 766 violent anti-Semitic acts in Europe last year, committed either with or without weapons and via arson, vandalism, or direct threats against Jews or Jewish institutions such as synagogues, schools, community centers and others.
The findings constitute a rapid increase of 38% when compared to the results of 2013, in which 554 violent anti-Semitic incidents were reported.
EJC President Dr. Moshe Kantor discussed the results, saying "many streets in our European cities have become hunting grounds for Jews, and some Jews are now forced to avoid community institutions and synagogues as a result."
"Some are choosing to leave the continent, many are afraid to walk the streets and even more are retreating behind high walls and barbed wire. This has become the new reality of Jewish life in Europe," said Kantor....
France, UK leading the way
Looking at the violent anti-Semitism by country, the report found that France is leading Europe as it has for several years in a row. There were 164 violent incidents in France last year as compared to 141 the year before.
The UK did not fall far behind, reaching 141 violent Anti-Semitic events, the same total that France had last year. The year before that, the figure was 95, showing how violent anti-Semitism is growing rapidly in the UK.
Germany likewise ranked highly with 76 incidents compared to just 36 the year before; Sweden made a shocking jump from a mere 3 incidents to 17, Belgium went from 11 to 30, Italy boosted from 12 to 23, and Austria rose from 4 to 9. The report also included in its scope Australia, which went from 11 to 30, and South Africa, which had only one incident in 2013 but 14 in 2014....
In America, Congress just last month launched its own Bipartisan Taskforce for Combating Anti-Semitism to address rising anti-Semitism in the US....
- Annual Report on Worldwide Antisemitic Manifestations 2014 (Executive Summary) • Kantor Center for the Study of Contemporary European Jewry
- Anti-Semitic Attacks Increase by 71% in Holland • Newsweek
- Two US synagogues attacked • EJC
- Unabashed anti-Semitism in the Baltics • Israel Hayom
- Aliyah trending: immigration to Israel rises among boomers, young adults • JNS
- Mark Levin To Obama: What About The Anti-Semitism That 'Reeks From Your Administration'? • Western Journalism
- The World Hates Israel! • BPB (Thomas Ice)
- What on Earth Is Satan Doing? • BPB (Steven Hayes)
- Mystery of Anti-Semitism • SpiritAndTruth.org (Andy Woods)