(Times of Israel)—The Ukraine conflict, Islamic State group jihadists and the wider "collapse of the global order" will occupy the world's security community at an annual meeting in Germany from Friday.
Also on the agenda of the three-day Munich Security Conference (MSC) will be Iran's nuclear talks, the Syrian war and mass refugee crisis, West Africa's Ebola outbreak and cyber-terrorism....
The event's organizer, veteran German diplomat Wolfgang Ischinger, said the meeting will discuss what he called an unprecedented upsurge in global crises over the past year, and the inability of the international community to tackle them.
"The international order is collapsing right now," he warned.
"We live in the age of the collapse of order. In this vacuum everyone is testing how far he can go: (Russian President Vladimir) Putin in Ukraine, China against Japan, Iran in the nuclear dispute, the jihadists with the horrible things they do.
"There is a massive need for 'global governance'. Really the UN Security Council should be resolving a crisis a week—Iraq, Syria... Instead the council is blocked and so is any will to reform."...
- Former CIA #2: It will take 100,000 ground troops to defeat ISIS, and 'that will simply does not exist here' • Hot Air
- Schooling for World Government: UNESCO's Global Citizenship Education Forum • The New American
- Video: World Government on the Horizon • BPB (Andy Woods)
- Muslim Extremists Main Instigators of Global Anti-Semitism • Arutz Sheva
- What on Earth Is Satan Doing? • BPB (Steven Hayes)
- World heading for financial crisis worse than in 2008—China's Dagong rating agency head • ITAR-TASS
- Munich Security Conference to focus on collapse of int'l order • Xinhua