Iran is Shi'ite, but the Iranian mullahs hate Israel and the Jews more than they hate the Sunni jihadists in Judea and Samaria.
Also, by aiding Sunni jihad activity, the Iranians continue to try to position themselves as the world leader of Muslims—a position for which they have a good deal of competition.
Netanyahu: Iran Increasing Efforts to Deepen Terrorist Activities in West Bank
Iran is increasing its efforts to "deepen" its terrorist activities in the West Bank, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told the cabinet at its weekly meeting on Sunday.
"No less a personage than the Palestinian Authority's ambassador in Tehran said that he is excited by the directives of Iran's ruler [Ali] Khamaeni to send weapons to the West Bank," Netanyahu said.
The prime minister directly quoted the Palestinian envoy as saying, "The Zionist entity is an aggressive cancerous growth that sooner or later must be eliminated," he said.
Netanyahu emphasized that these were not the words of a Hamas representative, but rather that of the Palestinian Authority's official in Iran.
"Now what does the UN do in response?" Netanyahu asked. "Instead of dealing with this incitement, it gives it a place of honor, the same incitement that leads in the end to the terror acts that we have experienced lately."...
- Israel should dissolve Palestinian Authority if UN resolution passes, Steinitz says • Jerusalem Post
- Iranian commanders tout 'unprecedented' missile drill • Times of Israel
- PA: Security Council to vote on 'end to occupation' Monday • Israel Hayom
- US Senator threatens to defund UN over Palestine statehood bid • i24 News
- Iran Unveils its Lethal New 'Suicide Drones' • Arutz Sheva
- Iran could be behind state hacking campaign, Israeli cyber firm says • Ynet News
- Hamas leader Mashal to visit Iran: official • Tehran Times
- Middle East Meltdown • SpiritAndTruth.org (Andy Woods)