Iraqi and Peshmerga forces fighting the self-proclaimed Islamic State group will soon have extra backup from coalition allies.
The US military says a number of unspecified countries have agreed to contribute 1,500 troops, mostly for training—this on top of an extra 3,000 US troops President Obama has already authorized for deployment to Iraq.
- Iraqi leader asks US for more 'heavy weaponry' • Times of Israel
- Hagel arrives in Baghdad to meet with Iraqi officials • USA Today
- Kurds and Iraq reach significant deal to share oil revenues • Kurdish Globe
- Bombing Alone Isn't Enough to Defeat ISIS, Says Iraqi Archbishop • Breitbart
- The Role of Babylon • SpiritandTruth.org (Andy Woods)