By Hal Lindsey
Americans are greatly confused as to what to think about the Muslim religion. Our political leaders constantly tell us that Islam is a “religion of peace.” Presidents Bush one and two, President Clinton, and especially President Barack Obama all repeat this like a ‘mantra’ of indisputable truth. Yet Islam’s own foundational books and its history show conclusively that is not true. The problem is based in a contradiction within the very foundation Islam itself.
There are Muslims who believe that Islam is a peaceful religion and they prove it from verses in Islam’s two most holy and foundational books – the Koran and Hadith.
Yet in the history of Islam’s origins, the first four successors of Mohammad known as the “Divinely Guided Ones,” who personally knew and studied under Mohammad, were anything but peaceful. Inspired by verses from the Koran and the sayings of Mohammad later gathered into the Hadith, they exploded off the Arabian Peninsula and started a conquest that inside of 100 years conquered peoples and lands from the Atlantic into the Pacific. So what did the ‘Divinely Guided Ones’ see in the Koran and Hadith that the “peaceful” Muslims today do not? Listen carefully, because the answer will help you to understand the paradox of trying to deal with Muslims. In the early days of Mohammad in Mecca, he was only accepted by a few as Allah’s Prophet. So he had few followers and no army to protect him and enforce his teachings. He finally fled to Medina where he flourished and won many converts in just a few years. From these converts of Medina, he built a powerful army. Now we have to integrate these conditions with the “revelations” that Mohammad received in each situation. During the early days in Mecca, his “revelations” were primarily about peace, kindness and justice. These have come to be known as the early Meccan verses of the Koran. During Mohammad’s days in Medina, his “revelations” became increasingly aggressive, violent and conquest oriented as his followers grew into an army. After he broke a covenant with Mecca, invaded and conquered them, his “revelations” called for spreading Islam and converting people by the sword. At least 109 of those “later Meccan verses” are now known as the war verses. Since every verse of the Koran is held to be absolutely infallible and binding upon the faithful, it presents a real problem. The “war verses” not only over-ride the peaceful verses of the early Meccan “revelations”, they contradict them. I am going to quote from some of those verses and let you see for yourself what they clearly say. But I strongly recommend that you go to the Religion of Peace Website.
- Koran (4:76) “Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward.” “The martyrs of Islam are unlike the early Christians who were led meekly to the slaughter. These Muslims are killed in battle, as they attempt to inflict death and destruction for the cause of Allah. Here is the theological basis for today’s suicide bombers.”
- Koran (4:89) “They who believe fight in the cause of Allah …” This is an absolute, easy to understand statement from Allah. If you believe, you will fight in the cause of Allah. If you do not fight, you really don’t believe in Islam. Fight is “Jihad” and means physical conquest.
- Koran (8:12) “I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them.” Here Jihad is not just to bring the conquered into submission, but to strike terror into the hearts of those who would resist by the use of savagery. Thus acts of Terror for the spread of Islam to the Infidel are commanded in the Koran. So we should not be surprised with the savage, senseless killing of women, children and the helpless by Muslim suicide-martyrs in the cause of Allah Ahbar.
- Koran (9:5) “So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them.” The literal truth of this is that converts are to be won by war and the sword. All idolaters, such as Jews and Christians, are to be slain. However, if they repent, which means to forsake their religion and convert to Islam, they are to be spared. They are to be commanded to continue in daily prayers and pay the poor tax (zakat), which are two of the Pillars of being a Muslim.
- Koran (9:29) “Fight those who believe NOT in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.” The Koran refers to the Jews and Christians as “people of the Book” or Bible. They believe we have rewritten it and filled it with lies. We are to therefore to be brought into submission by force until we feel the domination of Islam over us.
- Koran (61:4) “Surely Allah loves those who fight in His way.” Well, so much for the Religion of Peace. The Koran and Hadith teach in other verses that those who fight in the cause of spreading submission to Allah will have the greatest rewards in heaven. And the Martyrs will have the highest place of all with 72 virgins to fulfill his wildest sexual fantasies.
Young frustrated Muslim men can potentially be latent time bombs. So to treat this clear and apparent danger with misguided “political correctness” is suicidal as a nation.
Obama Wants Probe of Hasan Intelligence - Wall Street Journal
The Phantom Backlash - Human Events (Robert Spencer)
It Isn't Political Correctness; It's Shariah - American Thinker (Pamela Geller)
The Complete Infidel's Guide to the Koran - Robert Spencer (Book)
The Everlasting Hatred: The Roots of Jihad - Hal Lindsey (Book)