(TIMES OF ISRAEL)—Russian President Vladimir Putin said his country will support efforts to build a Palestinian state with a capital in East Jerusalem.
Putin pledged his support Saturday during a meeting of the Arab League in the Red Sea resort city of Sharm el-Sheikh.
"Palestinians have the right to establish an independent and habitable state with a capital in East Jerusalem," Putin reportedly told the leaders of 22 Arab states, according to media reports.
He added, "Russia will continue to contribute to achieving this goal through bilateral and multilateral channels."...
- Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state • The Independent
- Assad 'Welcomes' Larger Russian Naval Presence in Syria • BPB
- Putin: Russia Ready to Help 'Palestine' Become Reality • Arutz Sheva
- EU Weighs New Methods to Coax Israel Back to Peace Talks • ABC News
- Putin: Russia supports Palestinians fight for independent state • IBT