(WND)—A Soros-funded group arguing to replace the U.S. passport with a North American passport appears ready to take up the mantle of championing the concept of a European Union-style regional government to supersede the sovereignty of the United States, Mexico and Canada, fulfilling the dream of the late American University professor Robert Pastor.
The future of the U.S. lies in North America, not in the United States as a sovereign nation, contends the New America Foundation, a Washington-based leftist think-tank with ties to Jonathan Soros, son of famed leftist billionaire George Soros.
Appropriately named "New America," the foundation believes the U.S. passport should soon become obsolete and replaced with a European Union-style passport issued for all citizens of the U.S., Mexico and Canada. Citizens would be redefined by their regional identity as "North Americans," echoing President Obama's claim in Spanish in his Dec. 17, 2014, announcement of his executive actions to re-establish diplomatic relations with Cuba, "Todos Somos Americanos," or, "We are all Americans"....
- Obama's [Sh]amnesty Executive Order (Series) • BPB (Andy Woods)
- Why we need a North American Passport • CNN
- Canada to host NAFTA summit 'later this year' • Business Recorder
- Video: World Government on the Horizon • BPB (Andy Woods)
- U.S. lawmakers seek to end restrictions on travel to Cuba • Reuters
- Loretta Lynch: Illegal Aliens Have Right To Work As Much As American Citizens • Breitbart
- The Renewed Push for Deeper North American Integration • Center for Research on Globalization
- After Crying 'Conspiracy Theory,' CNN Touts North American Union • The New American